Wednesday, May 9, 2012

ARE YOU HUNGRY?

1 Corinthians 11:34

And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.

lunch
As I was preparing a bag of  PF Changs  Shanghai beef ,knowing how we love it because it that good! I laughed as I thought of this scripture, now mind you,I love to eat out as well as the next one especially if you mention Mexican, there has been great eat out experiences as well as not so great, & when we have one of those not so great eat out experiences , I smile at my husband & say ,this could be why the Bible says if a man be hungry let him eat at home LOL!
I want to talk to you now about another kind of hunger,do you hunger for more of God in your life? do you crave to sit at his feet more? Matt.5:6 tells us blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness for they shall be filled
Are you hungry today? in John  chapter 7  Jesus is telling his disciples that the bread of God giveth life, he is the bread of life
John 6:35 and Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life, he that cometh to me shall never hunger and he that believeth on me shall never thirst (47-48)  verily,verily I say unto you,he that believeth on me hath everlasting life I am the bread of life
the dictionary defines hunger as a strong desire for food
Jesus is the bread of life, do you have a strong desire for this bread of life?
the dictionary also defines hunger as the discomfort,weakness or pain caused by lack of food
lack of that daily walking and communing  with the Lord causes spiritual weakness,the enemy is roaming to and fro seeking whom he may devour, don’t let him catch you hungry! stay full on the word of God!

No comments: