Tuesday, August 23, 2011

SAVOR THE WORD

Today Michelle of ONE ALABASTER DAY  http://www.alabasterwoman.com/alabasterwoman/2011/8/23/savor-every-word.html is inviting us for the next 36 hours to savor God’s word Prov.3:5-6

PROVERBS 3:6-6

Trust in the lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine  own understanding in the sight of God and man ,In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths

I love how she breaks down this scripture by giving the meanings of the words, when we begin to research words it takes us deeper into our studies & gives soo much more to savor Thank you Michelle for  taking us deeper!

Trust - Believe. Have Faith. Lean on. Find security. Hold onto. Rest in.

Lord - God. Jehovah. My Creator. My Savior. My Redeemer. My Alpha. My Omega. My Everything.

With All Your Heart - My Soul. My Emotions. My Beliefs. My Values. My Attitude. My Motivation. Every part of it. Every morsel. Every fiber. Every blood vessel. Every beat.

Lean Not - Rely on. Trust in. Put your hope in. Rest on.

Own Understanding - What I think. What I believe. What I judge. What I see. What I consider. What I determine. What I desire. What I need. What I figured out. What I heard.

But - To do the opposite. To believe the opposite. To turn around. To reverse direction. From me to God.

Ways - Behavior. Speech. Conduct. Attitude. Dealings. Negotiations. Living. Being. Moving. Doing.

Submit - Lower yourself. Bow down. Surrender. Reverence. Trust. Obey.

To Him - God. Jehovah. My Creator. My Savior. My Redeemer. My Alpha. My Omega. My Everything.

And - To add to. To increase. To put together. To include. To make one. . . with God's Will.

Will - Make happen. Bring to pass. Manifest. Create. Birth.

Direct - Guide. Lead. Order. Make Straight. Set the course.

Your - You. His Child. His Daughter/Son. His Creation. His Love. His Redeemed. His Forgiven.

Paths - Journey. Walk. Sojourn. Escape. Entrance. Destination.

be sure to visit Michelle & leave her a comment of what this scripture means to you

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Very nice post!
It does enhance the study when doing a word study.

Sweet Summer to you,
d