Sunday, August 26, 2012

I NEVER SHALL FORGET THE DAY

I Never Shall Forget The day was written by George Thomas Speer, born in a sharecroppers cabin in Fayette country Georgia in 1891, taught at shaped notes singing schools, sang at many rural singing conventions, married in 1921 & organized the Speer Quartet, over the next 15 years he trained each of his four children to sing & play instruments, gradually converting into The Singing Speer Family, he wrote many gospel songs, also including Heavens Jubilee, The Dearest Friend I Ever Had, He Is Mine And I am His

"I Never shall Forget The Day" Have you forgotten when Jesus saved you, when you had no hope within saved you .cleansed you, gave you peace & joy within, have you forgotten all the times he's came through for you, made all the rough roads smooth "when trials comes he comforts me" if you've never heard of this song, I encourage you to read through it & let it minister to you

Long years ago when out in sin I had no hope no peace within
Down on my knees in agony I prayed to Jesus & he gladly set me free
(chorus)
I NEVER SHALL FORGET THE DAY WHEN ALL THE BURDENS OF MY SOUL WERE ROLLED AWAY IT MADE ME HAPPY GLAD & FREE, ILL SING & SHOUT IT FOR HE'S EVERYTHING TO ME
Now I can feel him by my side, my feeble steps he comes to guide
When trials comes he comforts me thru faith in him over sin I have the victory
(chorus)
O sinner come to Jesus now,at his dear feet just humbly bow
Confess to him your every sin, he will save & cleanse you
Give you you peace & joy within
(chorus)

No comments: