Thursday, January 12, 2012

MULTI-TASKING

clutter free challenge day 4

Today is day 4 of the clutter free challenge  Glynnis wrote a fantastic article on multitasking today http://glynniswhitwer.com/ I’ve never really gave it much thought till today, as I’ve always been a multi-tasker so to speak, after reading today's post I saw the meaning of the word in a whole new light,here is my comment I left

ouch, stop stepping on my foot as the ole saying goes when the preacher hits too close to home LOL! multitasking has been a part of what I am longer than I’ve been who I am LOL!but when I read it, seems like pow it turned on a light! just today I’m on the computer, a friend pops up, time goes by I notice the time, I motion  for hubby to bring me the portable phone, which I went from computer( still talking) to kitchen to race to cook dinner before he had to go to work, all this time she is asking serious questions which I answered & guided her as to how to ask the lord for this need as I race around the kitchen, she later had to go & hubby left out for work , I see clearly now that my mind should of been more on the issue at hand & not on dinner

this challenge not only challenges you to line up your home according to the word of God but it challenges you to de-clutter your mind, here is an example of day 2 posted by Glynnis

 

**QUOTE** 

  • I’ve looked at an overflowing closet and thought “Maybe those too-small shoes won’t hurt me next time I wear them.” Not logical. They will.
  • I’ve held on to a gift I will never use, in order to avoid hurting someone’s feelings. That seems like a nice thing to do, but I’m being controlled by my assumptions and fear of rejection.

In each of those decisions (and so many more), my thoughts directed me to something not in my best interest. And in each instance, I never once asked God what He would want me to do.As Christians we have a hotline to God’s wisdom (James 1:5). Plus, we have the Holy Spirit living in us who is our counselor (John 14:26), and the Bible tells us we have “the mind of Christ” (1 Cor. 2:16). That’s a powerhouse of help!

 

I looked at multi-tasking in a whole new light today even though I was able to guide as to the why’s & how two's & God is always good to give me the right thing to say at the right time, I wonder did I give her enough, could I  had gave her more had I been in a quiet room with nothing going on but the sound of her voice,I thought about how when I’m doing other things like reading early in the mornings as me & Jesus watch the world wake up & come to life, when I go into that secret place where he whispers my name & calls me friend  when I’m studying for a speaking engagement at church, when I’m researching words, I love words!  my mind gives these things it’s undivided attention,multi-tasking will always be a part of our lives but should we re-think what we’re multi-tasking, think about that the next time the phone rings!

No comments: