Tuesday, May 24, 2011

THE SEASON FOR FRUIT




I am the true vine and my father is the husbandman(2)Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away;and every branch that beareth fruit,he purgeth it that it may bring forth much fruit (3)Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you(4)Abide in me and I in you as the branch cannot bear fruit of itself,except it abide in the vine,no more can ye except ye abide in me (5)I am the vine ye are the branches,he that abideth in me and I in him,the same bringeth forth much fruit,for without me ye can do nothing(6) If a man abide not in me he is cast forth as a branch and is withered and men gather them and cast them into the fire and they are burned(7)If ye abide in me and my words abide in you ye shall ask what ye will and it shall be done unto you(8)Herein is my father glorified that ye bear much fruit so shall ye be my disciples (John 15:1-8)


It's almost that time of year when fruit will be abundant for the picking, yea you can any kind at any store but there's something about good ole home made jellies, jams & homemade pies, we have a great spot that wild plums are everywhere as well as blackberries, we take the grand kids to pick peaches , we also have blueberry bushes & concord grapes, the blue berries took a hit in the tornado, hopefully they'll make a comeback


just as the fruit has to be purged & worked to yield fruit, we are to yield fruit by letting the Lord purge, mold & use us for his glory


(1Col. 1:10) That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing,being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God

No comments: